Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amarjeet S Birdi has the following 3 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Psychosomatic Medicine
Dr. Amarjeet S Birdi has the following 6 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 14
At first I liked Dr. Birdi. He seemed to listen to what I was telling him and was willing to try different things. I expressed concern early on about certain side effects, such as weight gain. He assured me that if any of the medications that he was going to put me on had any major side effects, he would let me know beforehand. At one point, things started getting really bad with my depression and none of the medications he had been giving me seemed to be helping, so he prescribed me abilify and ativan. He did not inform me of any side effects of either medication, and I am glad that I decided to research them myself before taking either of them. Abilify has many serious side effects (INCLUDING WEIGHT GAIN) that were not worth it to me, and ativan is only supposed to be used on a very short term basis. I am not happy with the way Dr. Birdi has treated me and will not see him again.
I have been going to Dr. Birdi, for many years. First and for most before I started seeing him, I was on a lot of medicine, and now I'm not. Even my other Doctors's noticed the difference in me. He has always been very kind and careing. I think one time I waited about 30 min.for appt. but office staff explain too me he was at the hospital, that was the first and last time I really had to wait.over all I feel Dr. Birdi is a very good Doctor.
41 Years Experience
Institute Of Medical Sciences, Varanasi
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amarjeet S Birdi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dayton, OH.