Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ambareen Salam has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
I had a great internist for many years who retired. All the internists for 20+ years before that were great, too. I suppose I was due for a bad one when I went to that last internist I saw *before* I found Dr. Salam. Everything bad about that internist, and about the specialists I'd seen since, was made better by Dr. Salam. Where the previous doctor was dismissive, Dr. Salam was welcoming; where the other doctor was curt, Dr. Salam was expansive and explanatory; where the other doctor talked to me as if I were a not-too-bright child, Dr. Salam spoke to me like the intelligent adult I am. After some seven months trying to find a good doctor to help me track down and fix the source of a troubling medical complaint I have, I believe I can say I'm on the right road with Dr. S. The only area for improvement that I see on the Vitals list is "ease of appointment"; while getting in isn't too hard once you finally reach someone, it's very frustrating to have such limited hours when staff can be reached by phone and no answering service or machine to leave a "please call me at ____ so I can make an appointment" message. Everything else was great.
I too do not understand why any patient would speak negatively about Dr. Salam. There is a possibility that they just didn't get the answer from her they wanted. She is warm,honest,caring and always courteous. Her nurse is really really sweet. The girls at the desk are not overly friendly,but they are courteous.
24 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1994
University Of Texas Health Science
Dr. Ambareen Salam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Internists Pl, 7777 Forest Ln Ste C650, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ambareen Salam in this video.
Dr. Ambareen Salam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.