Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amead A Atassi has the following 1 specialty
Showing 4 of 4
Do not go see this man. 3 weeks in a row, my wife has had an appointment with this office. 3 weeks in a row, the appointment was confirmed. 3 weeks in a row, the appointment was cancelled by Sandra at the last minute. Stating things like "the Dr will not see you until your insurance is active. He doesn't work for free.(although Blue Cross Blue Shield was in good standing). The Dr also works with "all kinds of poor people." He pays "everyone in the office is poor". This is a short summary of how you are treated at this office. My feeling is, the Dr does NOT care about your well-being unless you have a lot of cash, or fantastic insurance. The staff will not provide the Dr's e-mail address(as instructed) and instructed me to call back in 4 days after 2:00 pm. Wishing me luck with getting him on the line.
Not pleased with this doctor at all. Felt like because I went to the Cancer Treatment Center he wanted nothing to do with me. First visit he told me he would like to have me on 12 weeks of antibotics, next visit he basically told me nothing was wrong with me and go have my breast cancer taken care of then come back. Ended up going back to the Cancer Treatment Center and they will be removing my gall bladder. Would I recommend this dr. no way.
Dr. Atassi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Fairview General Hospital
Dr. Amead A Atassi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAmead Atassi, 206 E 86th Pl, Merrillville, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amead A Atassi in this video.
Dr. Amead A Atassi is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Merrillville, IN.