Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amelia Burgess
Dr. Amelia Burgess, MD, DC is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN, with another office in Lakeville, MN. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Burgess is affiliated with Regions Hospital, University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview and St Francis Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Amelia Burgess has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Burgess is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
St Francis Regional Medical Center
Fairview Southdale Hospital
Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital
Fairview Ridges Hospital
Abbott - Northwestern Hospital Inc
Childrens Hospital Minneapolis
15 Years Experience
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Amelia Burgess accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amelia Burgess is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.