Dr. Amer Akhrass Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amer Akhrass?

Posted on December 14th, 2015

NEVER EVER GO HERE! DR and staff and rude and unprofessional. Worst treatment I have ever recieved

He saved my life!

Posted on August 14th, 2015

I would not be alive today if it were not for Dr. Akhrass. He has been my doctor for over twenty years. I had no symptoms, no pain, no idea at all that I had a life threatening illness when I had a routine checkup. Because he found I was anemic, he sent me for a screening colonoscopy that revealed I had stage three colon cancer at 52 years old. Wonderful outcome, I am healthy and remain cancer free almost ten years later but it was quite an ordeal getting to this point. Dr. Akhrass not only stayed by my side but became personally invested in my case, connecting me with the best oncology team and colon surgeon anyone could hope for. I will remain indebted to him all of my remaining days for helping me to continue to live and enjoy my many, many blessings.

Posted on February 2nd, 2015

waited over two hours for my appt. staff was rude an very confused. I am still waiting for my test sched. when I call they tell me that they are waiting for approval. it has been over a week and I called my insurance and it has not been started yet. the young lady that use to handle the problems is no longer there. I feel bad for the patients his office staff really sucks and for that I will be transferring out quickly. this is the third time I waited over and hour for an appt.

Posted on July 5th, 2013

Dr. Akhrass is a very knowledgeable, kind, understanding, polite, sincere physician who makes your health concerns and needs his priority. His bedside manners are awesome and makes you feel comforted via his easy conversational style. Dr. Akhrass has helped both my now deceased parents throughout the time he came to Homestead, PA. They loved him as their doctor because they felt they could trust him -- for that I am eternally grateful for all the complete care he provided them and my entire family. Great doctor and human being -- a true ethical physician.

Posted on May 10th, 2011

I was in the hospital in pittsburgh for brain surgery and Dr. Akhrass came in to check on me and he was so nice and polite. He took his time and made sure i had no questions and even talked to me about personal things such as where i grew up in which we found out that he had married a woman really close to my hometown! He was very nice and i reccommend him to anyone.

I don't trust him

Posted on October 19th, 2010

Although he spends a lot of time with a patient, he has given me a perscription (2 different times) for medication that I am allergic to and then blames it on the pharmacy for not flagging the problem. I could die from the medicine - you'd think he'd be more careful. I think trust far out weighs the 5's I gave him and for trust he'd get a 1. Needless to say, he is no longer my doctor!

EXCELLENT PCP