- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amer K Alshekhlee MD
Dr. Amer K Alshekhlee, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bridgeton, MO, with another office in Bridgeton, MO. His specialties include Vascular and Interventional Radiology and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Amer K Alshekhlee has 2 locations
12266 De Paul Dr Ste 100
Bridgeton, MO 63044
Book Online Now
Dr. Amer K Alshekhlee has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose a blockage in your blood vessels, your doctor will refer you to an interventional radiologist. They can, if needed, perform an angioplasty to open up the blocked passage.
They’re also trained to perform needle biopsies, insert stents, treat varicose veins and obstructions of the urinary tract (possibly due to kidney stones) and can help with dangerous postpartum bleeding. They treat various types of fibroids and embolization, which is a clot, air bubble or other blockage in the bloodstream. While the types of imaging procedures they perform are more invasive than x-rays done to identify broken bones, pain levels and recovery time are usually minimal.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Amer K Alshekhlee has the following 4 expertise
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amer K Alshekhlee - Posted on October 1st, 2008
Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Case Medical Center
Dr. Amer K Alshekhlee Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- HealthLink PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amer K Alshekhlee, MD - Vascular and Interventional Radiology in Bridgeton, MO, in this video.
Dr. Amer K Alshekhlee is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bridgeton, MO.