Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amer M Rahman MD
Dr. Amer M Rahman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elgin, IL, with another office in Elgin, IL. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry, Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. He speaks English.
Dr. Amer M Rahman has 2 locations
Dr. Amer M Rahman has the following 3 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Amer M Rahman has the following 14 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Amer M Rahman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Five years of putting up with substandard healthcare
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amer M Rahman - Posted on March 2nd, 2019
Follow through - poor to non-existant -
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amer M Rahman - Posted on December 18th, 2018
I was recently put on an insulin pump and have had many low blood sugar conditions. One I had to call 911 and the other I had a blackout at Walgreens and rushed to the Hospital for 4 day reading of 27 on blood sugar - Poor research on my condition, and I feel I can't get in touch with anyone in the office to get new insulin Novalog - this office did not send any prescription authorizations to my Walgreens. Poor organization or management processes. I will be finding another doctors to help me manage my diabetic condition. T Hughes
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amer M Rahman - Posted on April 4th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amer M Rahman - Posted on September 5th, 2017
Outstanding Compassionate Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amer M Rahman - Posted on September 10th, 2009
36 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1983
Finch University Of Health Sciences
Dr. Amer M Rahman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amer M Rahman, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Elgin, IL, in this video.
Dr. Amer M Rahman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elgin, IL.