Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amer K Syed
Dr. Amer K Syed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jersey City, NJ, with another office in Jersey City, NJ. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Syed is affiliated with Jersey City Medical Center. Dr. Syed has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Amer K Syed has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Cholesterol Management
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 65
Dr. Syed , is AMAZING !!! I was referred to him by a friend whom raved about him. I was a bit concert with the drive since i live in Riverdale , Ny (northern Bronx) and his practice is in Jersey City. But, I took the drive and it was worth it!!! he was everything and more !!! Not only did Dr. Syed answer all of my questions. He spoke in a way that was easy to understand. He treated me like family, i felt very at ease. He was not at all condescending and I felt comfortable asking him anything. I didn't feel rushed, the wait time was literally 5 minutes . He was super friendly and caring. The Office Space was clean. His Reciptionist is superb as well. I have already visited 8 times. I recommend him to everyone !! When you talk about quality care and passion - Dr.Syed is that !! couldn't be happier.
I've Been a diabetic for 26 yrs. and I've never had a Dr. Like Dr. Amer Syed who treats me with So Much Care & Concern. He Manages My Diabetes and Health Issue with Impeccable Services. I've referred many people and they've expressed the same feelings to me. I Love My Doctor. Best Doctor In The Whole Wide World.:)
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Syed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
King Edward Medical University
Graduated in 1998
Saint Michaels Medical Center
Dr. Amer K Syed accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amer K Syed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jersey City, NJ.