Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amery R Wirtshafter
Dr. Amery R Wirtshafter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Miami, FL, with another office in Miami Beach, FL. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Wirtshafter is affiliated with Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida, Inc., North Shore Medical Center and Aventura Hospital & Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Amery R Wirtshafter has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Issues
- Urinary Incontinence
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Showing 5 of 9
A few years back my husband developed life threatening sepsis from a urinary track infection that he was ignoring. If it wasn't for the quick response of Dr. Wirtshafter and his team my husband would not be here today. I could not thank him enough and have been forever greatful for his treatment and professionalism during that whole emotional episode and also followup proceedures!
My experience with Dr. Wirtshafter has been ONLY Positve. He has the ability to make you feel secure, knowledgible and understanding of your problem. He is kind, an excellent diagnostician,with great bedside manner and professionalism.. Many many other patients feel the same way about him. His Office is great. Perhaps one can waita few minutes but it goes quickly and well worth the wait.
Dr. Wirtshafter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Jackson Health System
Dr. Amery R Wirtshafter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amery R Wirtshafter in this video.
Dr. Amery R Wirtshafter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Miami, FL.