Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ames Yee has the following 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I met Dr. Yee for the first time a few weeks ago when I was admitted to Boswell Hospital complaining of abdominal pain and nausea. The Hospital soon diagnosed that I was suffering a gall bladder attack and needed to be surgically removed.Dr. Yee met with me in my room and introduced himself as the surgeon on call and based on his review of the previous tests performed, discussed the removal of the gall bladder. Dr. Yee also informed me that he would try and see if his staff could schedule me in the OR the next day but couldn't promise for sure due to surgery already scheduled for that day. Dr. Yee was able to successfully perform the surgery two days later and he met with my wife shortly after the operation to answer any questions she may had and assure her that everything went well.I found Dr. Yee to be the consummate professional and spent as much time as necessary interacting with me answering any questions I might have had.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Yee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Maricopa Medical Center
Dr. Ames Yee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBanner Health Center, 13640 N Plaza Del Rio Blvd, Peoria, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ames Yee in this video.
Dr. Ames Yee is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Peoria, AZ.