Dr. Ami Foster Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Ami Foster?

Great Doctor!

Posted on September 19th, 2016

Dr. Foster is a great doctor. Kind, nice and really listens to you. She takes the time to get to know you and really cares about her patients. I have recommended Dr. Foster to friends and family and all really like her and continue to use her.

Posted on September 30th, 2015

Dr foster is the best and so is her staff !

Dr. Foster gets 5 stars from me.

Posted on September 22nd, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Ami C. Foster for 3 years now and think she is a great family practitioner. She is comfortable to talk to and answers any questions or concerns I may have during my visits. Dr. Foster also doesn't make you wait too long before seeing her but takes time to do everything needed with physical check ups. I am very happy with Dr. Foster as my family practitioner and would definitely recommend her to friends and family.

Numerous unnecessary referrals

Posted on August 17th, 2015

Dr. Foster initially came across as a good listener; but after several visits over a two year period, I saw a pattern. She would not miss an opportunity to send you to a specialist (people she knows personally). Go in with a head ache, she sends you for a head scan; abdominal pain, she sends you for a sonogram. I have seen more specialists in the past couple of years than I have all my adult life! Initially, I thought she was thorough, and just doing what needed to be done, to rule out any serious ailments. But lately, I have just refused to follow through with the referrals because they are not only costly, but cause a lot of unwarranted anxiety. I do not think that a relatively healthy patient needs to be put through this.

Payment before Patient, BEWARE

Posted on May 1st, 2015

Charged me per office visit with labs until she could correctly diagnose. Multiple visits required?

Posted on December 15th, 2014

Front office is not friendly no customer service that would include making the appointment and checking in (paying). If you have a sinus infection be clear you will have to wear a mask. They do not tell you that when you make an appointment. It is very hard to breathe in them(especially if your suffering from a severe sinus infection). Dr Foster is nice but the amount of questions she ask and types in on her laptop it feels more like an interrogation, very cold no personal feelings. Very "cold" feeling in this office. Will search for a more friendly and personable office and doctor. Also, if she recommends any test and you did not get them yet the amount of phone calls and letters is almost harassing. I am not sure why i went back after my first visit (i guess a 2nd chance) this is not a good fit for me or my family.

Excellent doctor!

Posted on May 17th, 2013

I have had a lot of bad experiences with doctors, such as incompetency, and blatantly wrong diagnosis! So I always have my radar on when visiting a doctor. Dr Foster has been my personal doctor for 2 years now. She seems very competent, and not so closed minded as some other doctors I have been to. I do see other specialty doctors for other medical issues that I have, and recently needed the help of doctor Foster and her staff. They went above and beyond! Highly recommend!!!!!

Clearly all about $$$$

Posted on April 24th, 2013

This doctor appears to be good the first visit but then after several others you start realizing its all about the $$$ for her.. N they love to call to ensure you show up for the next unneeded visit!!

Great listener, Solution-oriented GP

Posted on August 21st, 2012

My family has been seeing Dr. Foster for over a year since we moved in the area and we are very pleased with her and her staff. I highly recommend her. She is not a doctor who makes you go around in circles -- she listens and is solution-oriented. She has a deep knowledge of medical issues and with such can offer more in way of diagnosis and referrals if needed. I have been surprised at her breadth of knowledge as a general practitioner because other gp's in my past have been lacking greatly in that area.Her office is up to date with their computer system so information is properly and quickly communicated between themselves, referrals, pharmacies and the patients. The nursing staff are always quick with taking weight and vitals. Only complaint on that end is one nurse is very soft-spoken and hard to hear (and is not personable), but Dr. Foster makes up for that.Dr. Foster listens and actually maintains a dialogue with her patients. Everytime my spouse or I have gone in she focuses on finding a solution and is never dismissive. I have found that being straight-up with her about how I feel and what I expect and my medical care has worked well. I know my body and she works WITH me and listens TO me to find solutions. If she suggests a solution that either of us have already tried before (fyi we didn't give her prior medical records when we moved here) then she listens to that and will work with us to find something else. I went in with a sinus infection (which I experience frequently enough to know that it is one). I told her it isn't viral because I have treated it as viral and it won't go away and that I need antiobiotics. She listened, did a check-up and prescribed the antibiotics as I asked and I got better quickly. She also listened to that fact that I get sinus infections frequently and offered to refer me to a specialist to further diagnose my sinus issues so I don't keep experiencing them.If a medicine isn't working she doesn't always require you go in and see her for another appointment either and will contact the pharmacy with something else and work with you over the phone. My spouse went through a bout of bronchitis and the medicine she prescribed worked well but my spouse still had symptoms. I found out though that at the same time she had prescribed allergy medicine, which my spouse was not taking. Once my spouse started taking it along with the bronchitis prescription everything cleared quickly.So far in my experience she has been correct in every diagnosis. She diagnosed a recurring symptom that two prior doctors couldn't diagnose.She has also been great at getting us to specialists for further specific treatment if needed or at our request. Getting us to specialists has been very helpful so she doesn't waste our time and money when the problems we are encountering need that focused specialist care.In my time with her I have had her ask me to do two follow-up appointments over two different symptoms. Both follow-ups were legitimate and were needed in the diagnosis process and were not unnecessary.My wait time to see her at appointments is about 25 minutes. There are rarely other patients in the waiting room as the staff is quick to get you in the examination room. From there you wait about 15-20 mins though -- that is the only downside to Dr. Foster being a good listener, she listens to all her patients and gives them each requisite time...hence your 15-20 minute wait. She doesn't cram a bunch of patients in at the same appointment time though and when it is your turn to see her you have her undivided, un-rushed attention.

Repetitive Visits, Inaccurate Medicines

Posted on February 8th, 2012

My family visited Dr. Foster numerous times and she always required numerous repeat visits to discuss the same thing without changing anything. 3 times I was told, "come back in 3 months and we'll decide then what to do." Finally, on my last visit I was told again to come back in 2 more weeks. No one can take that much time off of work and spend that much money in co-pays to get no results. She often prescribed medicine that was not on our insurance plan (United Healthcare) so we'd have to get new prescriptions. She didn't review prior records to be up to date on history. I told her assistant, Shondra, that I take (and have always) Zyrtec on a daily basis. When I arrived at the pharmacy I learned that one of the prescriptions called in for me was Zyrtec in the same dosage I buy over the counter. My husband and I explained to her that we were trying to get pregnant. After checking his testosterone she put him on Androgel to boost his levels. When we saw the fertility specialist, we were informed that taking testosterone makes the sperm count dive, so there was no way we could get pregnant while he was on the Androgel. It was very expensive and defeated our purpose altogether, wasting precious time! Her assistant, Shondra, doesn't listen and has this nasty long pinky fingernail that looks like a cocaine scoop. She called me to tell me that Dr. Foster had prescribed a new prescription for me as my next course of treatment. I told her I'd already been taking it for 3 months and asked the dosage. Shondra said, "You can probably find the bottle faster than I can find what you were taking before." Good thing I was at home. After finding the bottle, I confirmed there was no change, to which she replied, "Well, the doctor wants you to 'start' taking this and come back in two weeks and she'll make a decision then. In total, here I am six months and hundreds of dollars later in the same situation I was when I first saw her with absolutely no improvement. It's abundantly clear that Dr. Foster is more concerned about making money than treating the patient.

Posted on August 10th, 2017