Dr. Amie Jew Is this you?

Posted on July 22nd, 2015

I felt at ease after talking with her about my cyst.

Not all is as it appears.

Posted on July 9th, 2015

Initially, she appeared calm and convincing as she explained her diagnosis of my situation before receiving confirmation from radiology or pathology. I required a simple lumpectomy. A doctor who had worked closely with her in several surgeries strongly urged me to get a second opinion. The 2nd diagnosis proved much more thorough, finding multiple tumors, not 1, on the same film. Several other factors differed. When I presented the differences to Dr. Jew, she was vicious, rude, and told me that I had no business seeking a second opinion. I mistook that arrogance as calm. I will never recommend her to a patient.

She saved my life

Posted on May 2nd, 2015

I was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer in both breasts in 2008. She performed double mastectomies and removal of lymph notes both sides no reconstruction. I have been cancer free ever since. My current ongologist tells me it is because of Dr. Jew that I am still alive. I would recommend Dr. Jew to the world. She was always kind to me. I owe her my life.

Even now

Posted on July 3rd, 2013

15 years ago Dr Jew took care of me when I had breast cancer. She was great to me. She is very particular about work and always does a wonderful job.

Two sides

Posted on October 26th, 2010

I've seen Dr. Jew on several occasions due to breast density issues. On the most recent occasion, she found malignancy and suggested surgery within 6 weeks. She is typically very soft spoken and kind at bedside, until I mentioned that I was seeking a second opinion (on the recommendation of an esteemed pathologist friend.) This is my right as she is not a Radiologist, though she spoke of training herself to read the files. She was furious with me and my husband and let her anger show. She was extremely rude and ugly with her staff, who now seemed to be afraid of her. It was a horrible and uncomfortable situation for all involved.With the second opinion, I learned that she had completely misdiagnosed my situation and her planned surgical "treatment" and suggested oncology plan would have lead to additional surgeries. She read the slide as having a single, extremely small Stage 1 tumor requiring a lumpectomy and likely no radiation. I actually had 3 tumors--one Stage 3, and went on to a complete mastectomy, chemo and radiation. These tumors were read from the original films she provided. BTW, my second opinion was from Barnes with follow up by KU Med.

very rude to her office staff

Posted on July 2nd, 2009

she is a good doctor, but i have heard the way she berates her staff openly. if i wasnt in such need i would have seen another doctor.

Posted on March 22nd, 2017