Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amiksha S Patel
Dr. Amiksha S Patel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Riverside, CA. Her specialties include Family Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Community Hospital of San Bernardino D / P, Sharp Memorial Hospital and Riverside Community Hospital. Dr. Patel has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Amiksha S Patel has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Is a geriatric specialist. Actually no help when dealing with geriatric parents. Appears to have a cognitive dissonance problem. Telling you in one sentence that you do not need a specific service and refusing to refer for service and then tells you how she wants you to use the service. (Self pay I guess)
This doctor is by far the worst doctor that could've possibly gotten as far as she did. She is rude and condescending and it is very obvious that she only uses the title of doctor for its merit and not because she actually cares about the health of her patients. saw her the first time and she didn't even acknowledge my issue just sent me home with an over the counter reccomendation. I had to come back but could only see the nurse practitioner and then finally I came back a third time and she refused to see me. I asked for her to examine me and give me time off from work but she denied me. She also went on to be rude to me in front of her entire staff of untrained and unqualified workers that get paid to do nothing in her office. I had to go to a WALK IN clinic to get diagnosed and it turned out I had a serious infection. based on many of the reviews I've read this wasn't a one time problem. Amiksha Patel (will not even refer to her as a doctor because she is a pretty pathetic one) turns away patients who are actually sick because she has her head too far up her own *** to actually care about her job. I got way better care from a public medical clinic than I did from my own INSURANCE PRACTITIONER. People stray away from this woman who should not have a degree in medicine and who should definitely not have a license. I will never be back and I will make sure that none of my family ever goes back and if you are reading this and you care about your health do not ever go to this woman.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
St Marys Hospital
Dr. Amiksha S Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare HMO CA
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare OAMC CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsRpp Family & Elder Care Inc, 3975 Jackson St Ste 203, Riverside, CA
Dr. Amiksha S Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverside, CA.