Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amina Ahmed
Dr. Amina Ahmed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with other offices in Iowa City, IA and Barrington, IL (and 1 other location). She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with Advocate Lutheran General Hospital and Rush University Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Amina Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
This person thinks she can cure stage 3 cancer !!! But she couldn't for my sister!!! And she passed away.... also to top it off she said we should submit a lawsuit to our the doctors that referred us to her. She sucks !!! All she wants is money up front... that's all she cares about and not about her patients health.
Dr Ahmed is by far the best doctor I've ever had. She's companionate and personable and more than anything, she knows her stuff. She is amazing
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Rush University Medical Center
12 Years Experience
Rush Medical College
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Amina Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amina Ahmed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.