Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amir A Jamali MD
Dr. Amir A Jamali, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sacramento, CA, with other offices in Walnut Creek, CA and Fremont, CA (and 1 other location). His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Jamali is affiliated with UC Davis Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Amir A Jamali has 4 locations
Dr. Amir A Jamali has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Amir A Jamali has the following 17 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Amir A Jamali is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Expertise Of Dr. Jamali
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amir A Jamali - Posted on February 27th, 2019
I have been like a cripple the last year trying to find help for my 2 arthritic and "destroyed" knees. I tried the docs at Muir Ortho and they were clueless and incompetent. After 5 days of treatment I am in much better shape. Dr Jamali is a very caring Genius and his staff are excellent and caring too. He is the BEST in CA!!
EXCELLENT medical care
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amir A Jamali - Posted on July 11th, 2015
Dr Jamali diagnosed my hip injury when numerous other medical providers were telling me I needed back surgery or couldn't find an injury. Dr Jamali looked at my MRI and immediately saw the tears and impingment . After 4 years of pain Dr Jamali came to my rescue. He performed my surgery and I have been pain free and able to be as active as before. He is very kind and professional. I'll never forget what he did for me.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amir A Jamali - Posted on February 28th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amir A Jamali - Posted on August 12th, 2011
Dr Jamali diagnosed and performed surgery on my teenage daughter's hip. He is a very caring physician and was able to discuss my daughter's care with both her and I and was able to answer all of my daughter's questions.Dr Jamali was considering 3 different hip procedures. He outlined what was involved in each procedure and the potential risks, recovery and outcome. Very patient and knowlegable. The best orthopaedic surgeon ever in my opinion. We recommend him and will be seeing him again.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amir A Jamali - Posted on July 2nd, 2011
Besides being an excellent diagnostician and superior surgeon, you will have a difficult time finding such a caring orthopedic surgeon so willing to spend office time diagnosing and answering patient questions as Dr. Amir Jamali. Additionally, Dr. Jamali never fails to return patient calls, both pre- and post surgery. I like his optimistic, yet conservative approach, in that he clearly points out possible complications, yet is very encouraging and confident. Confident, positive surgeon equals confident, positive patient! Due to my particular condition, I may need further hip surgery. If so, I will definitely use Dr. Jamali.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2011, 2015, 2018, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2015, 2018, 2012, 2011, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Jamali is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Amir A Jamali Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
More about Dr. Amir A Jamali
Clinical Interests: Treatment of arthritic conditions of the lower extremity covering biologic resurfacing, hip arthroscopy and treatment of femoroacetabular impingement, joint preservation surgery of the hip, osteotomies, unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, total joint reconstruction, arthrodesis, orthopaedic trauma of the lower extremities, and post traumatic reconstruction
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amir A Jamali, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Sacramento, CA, in this video.
Dr. Amir A Jamali is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.