Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amir Jazaeri
Dr. Amir Jazaeri, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlottesville, VA, with other offices in Charlottesville, VA and Houston, TX . He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Jazaeri is affiliated with University of Virginia Medical Center, Kluge Children's Rehabilitation Center and UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Amir Jazaeri has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Endometrioid Carcinoma
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hot Flashes
- Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer (Serous Cystadenocarcinoma)
- Uterine Cancer (Endometrial Neoplasm)
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
- Vaginal Cancer
- Vulvar Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
He saved my life. He was caring, understanding and he listened. He did not put off my fears yet he refused to buy into him and kept telling me that I was an individual and that no one can predict what would happen, but that I was young and strong. He always showed up when things were happening even if he could have left it to a Resident he was there also. I was sad when he left UVa and I know MD Anderson has a wonderfully kind caring and personable physician with excellence in research as well. He even diagnosed a heart condition that caused a stroke over the Neurology and Hematology physicians!
Dr. Jazaeri was an excellent Oncological Surgeon. I met him on a Friday after my diagnosis of stage 3 uterine cancer and had complete confidence in him to preform a complete abdominal hysterectomy on the following Tuesday. His surgical work was spectacular. He used tiny stiches both inside and out and I had NO PAIN following the operation. the scare is fading into nothing. He is a humble man with a kind heart. He delivers bad news but with a plan of action. I am grateful to have met him and to have had him as my surgeon.
Wonderful in every way. Respectful, intuitive (knows how to give bad news with hope), a genius in the OR and in cancer treatment mapping,, and a rock to lean on (so brilliant that all concerns about choice of medical care protocol can be laid aside). This review is from a hypercritical former member of the MD Anderson faculty who found herself surprised by ovarian cancer. This man bought me years of high-quality life beyond a grim diagnosis, and he guided me as to how to live it. I couldn't have dreamed for a better physician.
Dr. Jazaeri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of Virginia Medical Center
Kluge Children's Rehabilitation Center
UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
Rector and Visitors UVA Health Sciences Center
University of Virginia Medical Center
Md Anderson Cancer Center
University of Virginia Health System
17 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Amir Jazaeri accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amir Jazaeri in this video.
Dr. Amir Jazaeri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlottesville, VA.