Dr. Amir H Shokrae Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Amir H Shokrae?

Office Staff

You can tell a bit about your quality of medical care during experiences with office staff. The reputation of the greatest doctor in the world can be damaged by discourteous and inefficient performance by both front and back office workers. Patients may seek other providers for medical treatment when they are personally treated as an inconvenience. Also, my privacy was violated by front office announcing, through an open window to the lobby, what treatment I was there for, and also asked for my phone number- which should be evident in patient files, or quietly verified. Very unpleasant experience-- for now the second time- this after being a patient for many years. The doctor is pleasant and efficient, though not necessarily concerned about neurodegenerative disease at the root of symptoms treated quarterly.

Good guy

Wonderful Stadd, Tremendous doctor

I am not going to waste a lot of time blathering about what a great man he is. He saved my life. He is one of the best Doctors that I have ever encountered. he is brilliant in medicine and can translate normal speak into what's wrong with you. If you have a choice of neurologists to see, look no further. He is top notch. His staff are polite, professional and nice and will bend over backwards to help you out. He is ranked as one of the top Neurologists in the nation. Enough said.

full of crackpot!

Does not care, and is a pure waste of your time and money.

Unfortunately, left very disappointed

I had a $300 consultation, in which this doctor talked to me for two minutes, and during the second minute, he was shooing me out the door. I don't know if it's because I'm a young woman (age 24) that he didn't take me seriously. I had serious nerve damage/paralysis on the right side of my face, and he told me to smile and said there was nothing wrong and that I looked fine. I persisted that it wasn't just how it looked but I couldn't lift my cheek on the right side of my face. He basically said some people have crooked faces; everyone looks different lol. I did not have this nerve damage my whole life. After going to an acupuncturist, my nerve damage started healing (something like Bell's Palsy) and I have been taking B12 vitamins suggested by a different doctor ever since. Dr. Shokrae, on the other hand, wouldn't listen to me and DENIED I had a problem and wouldn't help me at all. I felt not only frustrated but discouraged, because it's hard when you have a problem and a DOCTOR tells you you're wrong, but we have to remember that doctors are only human too. Hopefully my review can help others, or possibly even Dr. Shokrae.

worst doctor!

knows nothing about his field. He is there to make money only.

He makes sure that the proper diagnosis is made. SAM

VERY PROFESSIONAL AND KNOWLEDGABLE. EXCELLENT BEDSIDE MANNER. I AM GOING TO SEE HIM AGAIN!SAM

Henry Damigella MS Patient

Highest degree of Excellence in every category

I disagree with the fitst review.

I met Dr. Shokrae in a hospital setting and was surprised at the small amount of time he spent trying to determine my diagnosis.

Dr. Shokrae goes above and beyond...

Dr. Shokrae is competent, extremely friendly and shows a real concern for his patients' well being. I called his office and left a message for him this afternoon and he called me back in less than 20 minutes! Dr. Shokrae speaks clearly, frankly and it is easy to understand his diagnosis. Also, he has never made me feel belittled, or at-fault for any of my medical emergencies. He focuses more on the medical solution, and treats people as one would wish to be treated.I see 5+ different Drs a year and have at least one Dr. visit a month so I know a great M.D. when I meet one. Dr. Shokrae is one such Dr.(I just wish my immediate family were as understanding about my medical condition as Dr. Shokrae is.)