Dr. Amir Vokshoor Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amir Vokshoor?

Fantastic Doctor

Posted on August 5th, 2017

He is amazing ! Been going to him for many years - since I broke my back & he was with DISC. I even took my daughter to him when she broke her back inn gymnastics & he was amazing with her! Recently after my back has been getting progressively worse he redid my MRI's & realized my cervical disc was pressing on my spinal cord & performed a fusion. Dr. Vokshoor does sometimes make you wait for your appt, but he's very attentive, always listens and gives you as much time as you need. I have to respect that. He's wonderful!

Amazing Doctor Who Really Cares

Posted on January 13th, 2017

Cares about what is going on with his patients. Goes above and beyond to ensure that he does everything he can to help patients feel better as well as help them have a better quality of life. I think the best thing overall is, he will be straight forward with the patient about condition and treatment options, explaining in detail and making sure the patient has total understanding of what had been discussed.

Cares more about money than your health

Posted on October 9th, 2014

This doctor was recommended to me by my neurologist whom I trust implicitly, and when I first went to him-- he lived up to his rep. In all fairness, he performed a very successful back surgery on me, and I felt terrific -- for about ten months. But then, sensations started coming back-- just at the time I was told Vokshoor was no longer taking my insurance. However, I was also told that since I was his patient, he would, of course, "work something out with me." His idea of "working something out" started @ $250 a visit. And what if I needed another surgery? Hand off to somebody else. BTW-- I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF TREATMENT w/ him-- 48 months of follow up and this guy left me high and dry--- oh, yeah, not quite--- when I called him utterly confused and lost he contented to see me, was hostile and cold, and then offered a follow up phone conference. Hey-- if you got the bucks ya get the charm-- otherwise-- STAY AWAY!

The only surgeon i would recommend in Los Angeles

Posted on September 5th, 2013

I would like to recommend Dr. Vokshoor to anyone with cervical, spine or Neuro issues that they may be having. This Dr. is young, vibrant and highly intelligent. Not only was his bedside manner pleasing but for a person on Medicare i felt like i was getting the ultimate treatment of a millionaire, Most doctors come into the room with no patience and real regard to your actual pain. Dr. Vokshoor took his time in examining me and thoroughly explaining my diagnosis to me in plain English. I have never felt so comfortable and sure about any other doctor in the past. You will not be disappointed. (Might i add i am 73 years old with no back pain at all since i have had my surgery) Thank you Dr. Vokshoor.

If I could give 5 stars for Dr. Vokshoor, I would.

Posted on July 21st, 2011

After 8 months of wrong diagnosis Dr.Vokshoor has correctly diagnosed my back injury. I felt as though the other physicians thought I was exaggerating or lying about my symptoms!? If only I would've known about he and his staff earlier in my injury...sigh. I am not here to slam other physicians but am very thankful that I am under his care now, I may need surgery but he definately isn't jumping the gun on this. Anyway, I feel confident that I will continue to get the best care from Dr. Vokshoor and most importantly I have gained my HOPE back. Maybe this review will save others from the grief and frustration I've experienced during this ordeal.

Posted on February 4th, 2010

After having been seen by a number of neurosurgeons I selected Dr. Vokshoor to do my ALIF procedure. He is a caring doctor who understands the pain a person is in with back problems and the fear a person has knowing they have to go under the knife. He knows his stuff and knows it well. His surgical team was excellent and St. John's was the best experience I've ever had.My only complaint was with his secretary who does the scheduling of surgeries. She is the only weak spot in his practice.I would and have referred many people to Dr. Vokshoor.

Posted on December 4th, 2017