Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Amira M Abraham has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Amira M Abraham has the following 8 expertise
- Family Planning
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Amira M Abraham is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 11
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amira M Abraham - Posted on August 21st, 2015
THE BEST DOCTOR
Horrible Customer Service
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amira M Abraham - Posted on January 19th, 2015
I have been a patient with Amira Abraham for over 10 years.. When my insurance changed, I asked if she accepted it, she said no. When I called the insurance company they said yes and she was so rude and told me leave her clinic. I have never seen someone so rude like her especailly I been her patient forever
worst doctor in manners
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amira M Abraham - Posted on May 5th, 2012
Dr. Abraham is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Amira M Abraham accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Amira M Abraham
Passionate, scientific, preventive medical management is the key to good health. I also have a Masters Degree in Public Health.
Locations & DirectionsBRIKHA MEDICAL CENTER, 8118 N Milwaukee Ave Ste 105, Niles, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amira M Abraham, MD - Family Medicine in Niles, IL, in this video.
Dr. Amira M Abraham is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Niles, IL.