Dr. Amiram Katz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amiram Katz?

Posted on October 29th, 2017

Horrible!!!!! Beware! Family member died in his care!

Hung out to dry

Posted on September 7th, 2017

Dr Katz' office has ruined my life. I agree with everyone's sentiments here about him, he is a compassionate guy and after 4.5 years of ER's and complete disability, he was the only one who could diagnose me. But. I wasn't able to start treatment with him for nearly a year because i lost my insurance and spent the next year paying back medical bills from his visit. When i was finally able to see him again they told me since it had been a year, i would have to do the initial visit and labs all over again, which there was no chance i could afford. I have spent the past 2 years with other doctors who have no clue what i have, doing failed treatments and allowing the damage to my heart and brain to progress. I just tried Dr Katz again, out of desperation, to see if they could see me again. This time, now 3 years later, they told me i would in fact be an existing patient so wouldn't need new labs or pay the initial fee- but they aren't taking old patients to make room for new ones. I'm horrified. Had they told me this 2 years ago i could have seen the doctor and started treatment then but they told me something completely different. I just lost 2 years with this insidious disease, in and out of comas, totally disabled with no prospects. Now, after talking to Katz's office again, i still don't. There are so many stories of people like me with Dr Katz, people who have been completely boxed out or hung out to dry in the middle of their treatment. Ive never seen such a disorganised operation anywhere, and they have people's lives hanging in the balance. Don't risk turning into me or one of these other people. You should absolutely avoid the risk of seeing Dr Katz

The best doctor I have ever been to!

Posted on April 12th, 2017

He is the most compassionate doctor I have ever seen! He takes his time with you, doesn't make an assembly line. He's so down to earth. First appointment he was in jeans and a t-shirt not a 3 piece suit which made me feel he was on my level not above me. It's whatever you need. He has treated my MS for I am thinking 4 years or so and I have never felt better since going to him! He does not take insurance but you can submit the bill to yours if they allow it. He does not have to listen to insurance companies telling him, you can not treat a patient this way. Do it our way! Wait time varies. If he needs longer with a patient, he doesn't take time away from you. He gives every patient as much time as they need.

Parent

Posted on July 14th, 2016

Much gratitude for Dr Katz, I put him in the category with Dr Charles Jones and Thich Nhat Hanh, life savers and true healers. First sigh of relief in years as a parent. True genius at work. I'm considering naming a new family addition after him. A REAL person who knows how to connect and truly cares. I could care less what the wait is, he gives each patient the time they need and sometimes it's us and I'm happy to wait while he tends to anyone in need of his care.

Top Neurologist

Posted on July 13th, 2016

A real gentleman who is compassionate and knowledgeable.

finally!!!

Posted on March 30th, 2016

Spent time researching patient history, testing...reports and listening to patients. I was eith Dr.Katz's for 3 hours . I asked if he would explain my brain MRI's 3 of them. He sat with me and explained...and it explained my symptoms. He is thought out so he take time in piecing the years of illness together. I uses to be so frustrated, in 5 minutes and each doctor had an answer. They didn't know half the hostory and there it is all in a pill. Another for life without true understanding. My Gastro doc in my state and doctor Katz get it.

The best!

Posted on March 1st, 2016

My husband was finally diagnosed and treated properly by Dr. Katz after over 6 years and many doctors who were all too quick to blame his problems on depression! We (yes, we, because I have become a patient alsoalso) continue to be in the excellent and compassionate care of this man who is totally about his patients! Dogs in the office are the best medicine. Don't like dogs? More than you want to be helped by this super smart Dr.? Your choice. Remember that old adage: You get what you pay for. And no, he is NOT about money.

Incredible healer

Posted on February 25th, 2016

Dr. Katz is the best physician that a patient with serious neurological illness or Lyme disease could ask for. He is truly amazing. He is incredibly knowledgeable, dedicated to his patients, caring, compassionate, and competent. I am astounded by his expertise and experience. I have put my life in his hands and I have not been disappointed. He is a life-saver who is dearly loved and respected by his patients since he serves each and every one of us as if we were the most important patient in his practice. He is worth a trip from anywhere. I thank God for him.

Brilliant and Compassionate

Posted on February 23rd, 2016

It truly saddens me to read such negative reviews on Dr. Katz. I began seeing him five years ago after dozens of appointments throughout every major hospital in Boston without any hope of a diagnosis. Dr. Katz literally saved my life, and I thank God for him every day. Even today, as I see specialists I cannot imagine how anyone is able to maintain their sanity throughout a chronic illness without a doctor so compassionate as Dr. Katz. On my worst days, I have never felt hopeless because I know I have a physician that will stick by me even though I have a case that is the farthest thing from textbook. That is one of the most inspiring things about Dr. Katz, he realizes that no diagnosis is ever like another. You will never feel rushed in his presence, and I honestly have to say that regardless of the news or lab results I have never left his office feeling anything less than relieved. There is no doctor in the world like Dr. Katz, there is no one even comparable because he provides such compassion and understanding mixed with a sense of unmatched brilliance that could never be replicated. One of the most unique characteristics about Dr. Katz is that he knows everything there is to know about everything. He does not limit his practice to only one specialty because he is one of the only physicians that understands that diseases do not fall under only one umbrella. As a result, you will leave with a diagnosis rather than only one piece to a complex puzzle. As far as the office staff, they are absolutely amazing. I see people complaining for no one answering the phones, yet I can say from firsthand experience that they have spent countless hours helping me with authorizations, insurance issues, and referrals. If they have spent that much of their time helping me and I am only one patient, imagine the amount of work they have to do for hundreds. If you have seen Dr. Katz and visited his office personally then you should know that such individual attention is provided to everyone that walks through the door that they cannot possibly attend to so many calls at one time. You may not get an “immediate” response but it is well worth it considering you will never feel like you are just a number to Dr. Katz or his staff. Also, when you do get a response (which is ALWAYS the same day) the response is always so thorough that there is no room for any level of complaint. Even more so, they are always so kind and willing to help that people need to have a better understanding for the time it takes to provide such compassion. They are all amazing individuals and I do not have a single complaint. Living with a chronic illness means that you have to count your blessings, and I can honestly say that having Dr. Katz as my physician is one of the greatest blessings I have been granted.

Posted on August 12th, 2015

Dr Katz is brilliant and has expertise in multiple clinical areas, including Lyme Disease, Narcolepsy, seizure disorders, diving medicine. He is an outstanding diagnostician. He is extremely thorough in his evaluations of patients.

Posted on July 7th, 2015

I have been a hospital nurse in Massachusetts 30 years and I I travel to CT twice per year to see Dr Katz for follow up on my MS. I also follow with the MS Partners at Brigham and Women's in Boston MA. Dr Katz recommended starting treatment with IVIG infusions before Boston, MA offered as a treatment. He is an exceptionally intelligent physician and takes over an hour with interview and exam every visit. Initial visit was over 2 hours. Because he spends so much time with each patient wait time in waiting room can be extended. It is a very low key office if you have an aversion to dogs or are allergic I would advise not to make an appointment with him as he does bring his dogs to the office and they follow him everywhere. I know he does not take my insurance and not sure if he takes any so payment is expected upon completion of visit. With all that being said he is an exceptional diagnostician who takes the time with the patient and truly listens to everything you have to say. I highly recommend.

Posted on June 24th, 2015

There is always a wait but I don't mind because I never feel rushed. He is very thorough.