Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amirtha Ajit
Dr. Amirtha Ajit, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anaheim, CA. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ajit is affiliated with St Jude Medical Center and Anaheim Global Medical Center. Dr. Ajit has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Amirtha Ajit has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amirtha Ajit has the following 25 expertise
- Women's Health
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cholesterol Management
- Smoking Cessation
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Kidney Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Weight Loss
Dr. Amirtha Ajit has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Amirtha Ajit is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Dr. Ajit is probably the most patient and understanding doctor for my Mom who is 94 years old. She never rushes her even though I'm sure the doctor is pressed for time. She is always concerned about how medications will affect her and is always willing to refer her to a specialist if there is any question. She's an AWESOME doctor!!
Dr. Ajit has a courteous staff, and ability to schedule appointments sometimes same day or next day is absolutely wonderful! Dr. Ajit has been my PCP for a few years now and has provided me with in-depth & extensive annual examinations, with my provided family health history, every year Dr. Ajit has me get blood work done for review and addresses and explains any "red flags" she may come across. When I have to schedule an appointment for any medical concern D. Ajit gets to the bottom of the issue and does not waste any time, she will have you get your blood work done to rule out any serious issues and accurately diagnose and treat the root of the problem. A few family members of mine also see Dr. Ajit and will be staying with her, unfortunately I have a difficult commute now making the ease of making her office hours impossible before and after work. Although, Dr. Ajit has not been the type of Doctor to give you a follow up phone call to see if your feeling better or if the treatment seems to be working, all my first visits for any of my medical concerns have been nipped in the butt as she relys on blood work to help ensure health. Who wouldnt want that!? Sad I have to switch PCP, Dr. Ajit has been fabulous!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ajit is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1982
Atlantic City Medical Center
Dr. Amirtha Ajit accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsShirdi Medical Corp, 1751 W Romneya Dr Ste F, Anaheim, CA
Dr. Amirtha Ajit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anaheim, CA.