Dr. Amit B Patel Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Amit B Patel?

Hospital Pain management - Sucks

Dr Patel saw me in the hosp for management of my pain. The biggest issue is that when someone is on opiates long term for a chronic condition and suffers a acute condition there requirements for opiates increases. He did not take this into account. I suffered immensely and felt like I was being tortured. He also lied about the dosage I would be receiving. He said he would order x Amt every 4 hours (equivalent to home dose). Come to find out that he didn't order what he said. For pain under 5 I was to receive Tylenol. This is obsurd. On top of the excruciating pain it will cause it will also cause withdrawals. As a result of the way I was treated I'm petrified of returning to the hosp when I get sick. This is not the way a palliative/ hospice dr should be treating patients.

Hospital Pain management - Sucks

Horrible people skills

After my first visit i would not recommend him to my worst enemy. Aggressive towards clients.

Logical and Fair

Dr. Patel listens to what I have to say regarding my chronic pain condition and symptoms, and offers logical possible solutions. It helps that he's a decent guy who cares about his patients, but because of this, he can get frustrated at times when treatments don't work or patients' pain levels increase. I feel like he offers good advice and lets me be involved in decision making regarding my care, which lets me know that he's on my side and truly cares about my quality of life. The office staff is extremely friendly and always pleasant, which is commendable since they deal with an often miserable patient population.

Very controlling and highly opinionated about his practice and does not have good listening skills or patient empathy

Dr, Patel is very self centered and opinionated in advance of talking to patients. His is cocky and treats his patients as an interruption of his day and complains about patients to other incoming patients. He answers personal cell phone calls while in session with you and repeatedly tells you what your previous prescription dosages were in the past in a condescending manner as if you don't know this information. He believes that everyone should be able to tolerate pain and should not be pain free. Pain management should include learning how to live continually with pain and the goal should be to always reducing your medication regardless of your situation. He is not empathetic and is constantly judging your pain as if he is the one experiencing the pain himself when he is in fact not even listening. His goal is to make sure that you are not over medicated and continually reducing your dose of whatever you are taking regardless of your pain level or progress in your healing process. He is not a recommended pain doctor for most people in my opinion. He does not have good bedside manner and is too judgmental to be in his profession. He does not use anesthesia during nerve burning and never makes eye contact with you as a patient during visits.

Horrible bedside manner and wait times.

The staff at the counter are super friendly, and remember your name.  That is the only good thing I have to say. The wait time was ridiculous, usually averaging about 45-60 minutes, even when arriving a few minutes early to check in. Dr. Patel was always very rushed and brusk. He didn't listen to me, and always brushed off anything I offered up as ideas for what was causing/worsening my pain, and blamed my entire problem on my weight (even though my pain preceded my weight gain). He tried a nerve block, muscle relaxers, and physical therapy. When I went in for my check 8 weeks after starting PT, he didn't even see me. His assistant came in and said that because my pain levels were similar to before, they were releasing me as a patient. She then just left the room. No referrals, no reason aside from "we've tried everything. You're a lost cause." I do NOT recommend seeing him. He lacks bedside manner entirely, as does his assistant.

He was not very compassionate. I went in looking for guidance on my chronic pain (fibromyalgia). He didn't even try to give me any option of help (nerve block). He told me there was nothing he could do. I felt he could have at least referred me to someone that could help. His bedside manner definetly needs improvement. I few of his staff were very nice. I felt I was labeled in a group of fibromyalgia so you must have psychiatric problems. I didn't even get a goodbye or at least a handshake.

I love this Dr. He is the only one that had took the time and looked over my condition as a whole!! I best of all he listens!

Dr. Amit B Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Delaware, OH.