Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amit Kaura MD
Dr. Amit Kaura, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA, with other offices in Altoona, PA and Wheeling, WV (and 1 other location). His specialties include Critical Care Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kaura is affiliated with UPMC St Margaret and Greater Baltimore Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Amit Kaura has 4 locations
4800 Friendship Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
620 Howard Ave
Altoona, PA 16601
Book Online Now
Dr. Amit Kaura has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amit Kaura is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amit Kaura - Posted on January 7th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amit Kaura - Posted on October 5th, 2009
I saw Dr. Kaura at the Medicine Clinic at McKeepsport Hospital. Not only was he curteous but very cute too. He always took the time to be honest with me and would never sugar coat things. He always helped me with my diabetes and told what more I could do. There were times he would schedule me to come in sooner than I shoud because he would be worried about how my sugars had been doing. Overall, he is excellent and will be sorely be missed once he graduates from here
Dr. Kaura is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Amit Kaura Accepts the Following Insurance
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amit Kaura is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.