Dr. Amit Sharma Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Amit Sharma?

Unreal Expectations

Posted on June 24th, 2017

I am amazed how high his patients think of him. I spoke to others when I went for my procedure at Good Sam. Many of them raved about him in the waiting area. I just went through a procedure last week. So far, I can tell there is a definitive change. I met him for a long first visit and a short second visit after MRI. I need to have doctors who speak common language and he did fit the bill. Kudos to the strong work Dr. Sharma!

Best out there

Posted on August 5th, 2016

I went to Dr. Sharma for a second opinion all the way from queens on recommendations by a friend of mine who lives in Oakdale. I learned more about my condition in 20 min of seeing him than I learned from my pain doctor over last 3 years. Best part was his genuine effort to call my current pain doctor and discuss the best plan of care for me. I am not returning to him due to distance, but he is the best out there. Thank you.

Posted on June 27th, 2016

Dr. Sharma is a wonderful, patient, kind man. Never rushes you and explains in our "language". I am so grateful that he is my dr.

STIM CHANGED MY LIFE

Posted on April 17th, 2016

This little gadget that Dr. Sharma implanted in my spine last year has given me my life back. I would have ended up homeless. I was on the verge of losing my job and my family. No one believed in me or my level of pain other than him. I owe my life to him. He gave me a second chance!!

Very honest care

Posted on December 31st, 2015

I had been diagnosed with spinal stenosis in 2009. I have been through injections, therapy, chiro, acupuncture and all. I could barely walk more that 20 yards before being coming to tears. I must have seen 3 spine surgeons in past. They all pushed me into pain management. My new primary referred me to dr. sharna. He was very honest and upfront. He told me that I may continue to waste my time, money and resources or just get the lamendectomy done. I finally had the surgery by Dr. McCormick 3 months ago and I cannot thank both of them enough. I am 90% better. My legs have no pain and I feel like a new person. I would recommend him or Dr. Mccormick to anyone suffering from stenosis.

5 thumbs up

Posted on April 27th, 2015

Dr. sharma repaired a fracture on my mom's spine while she was admitted at good sam. She was miserable and bedridden after a nasty fall on our driveway. She tried injections and was in brace for 4 months. She came out of surgery and stood up without the brace in 2 hours and walked to the car herself the next day after discharged. The whole experience (other than 4 hours wait in the ER) was reasonable. Nurses on third floor were very helpful. It is almost a year and she has been doing great. I give him 5 thumbs up!!

He is quite exceptional

Posted on April 10th, 2015

I suffered from back pain for almost 6-8 months. I saw physical therapist, my chiropractor and a spine surgeon. All of them recommended me to see Dr. Sharma. I went to him with high hopes. I was given over 15-20 min between history and a decent exam. He stared at my MRI for a long time and left the room for 15 min. I was getting a bit upset with the wait. He returned and told me that he went out to speak to my chiropractor, my therapist and my surgeon to "put the team on one plan". He told me that the problem is not in my spine but at my piriformis muscle. I got phone calls the same evening from my chiro and the surgeon. I complied with the plan for 6 more weeks. I did not get any injection. I am almost pain free today. I just cannot believe how much effort he put in for me. I would sing his praises forever and would recommend him to everyone who ever needs to see a doctor for their pain. I recall his explanation that made me chuckle on that first visit. "Insulin does not treat high blood pressure, and that's what is going on in your case. A wrong diagnosis almost always leads to a failed treatment, unless we are treating common cold". I wish there were more doctors like him.

Office can improve, doctor is awesome

Posted on October 18th, 2014

I followed online reviews and chose him as my doctor, although my family doctor wanted me to see someone more local. The decision has been worthwhile so far. I learned a lot about my back problem on the very first visit. His office staff was a bit stressed out when I visited the office. They did do a good job in ordering my MRI and making an urgent evaluation to see a surgeon in his office. I had a micro disc shaving procedure. Dr. Palumbo did my surgery. He is another good doctor in the same practice. Unfortunately I was still having pain in my right leg after the surgery and had 2 nerve blocks to eventually get rid of the pain altogether. Most people I know had injections and later surgery. My situation was opposite for some reason. Well, things turned out well. It has been 3 months since the last shot and I was told I am 'good as new'. Would recommend to others.

Repeat

Posted on April 26th, 2014

I am writing this review on as many websites as possible. I strongly believe that he deserves at least that much effort from my end. I am amazed there are not so many reviews about him. He is very well respected in community. My chiropractor made him sound like a superhero. I had a great experience with him. I had 2 treatments so far and after 4 months of suffering, my leg pain has gone away. I still have some back issues and my chiro is working on it. I am so much touched by the service and improvement from the therapy. Awesome practice and a very good doctor.

Pacemaker

Posted on December 14th, 2013

For anyone who thinks they are 'done' seeing doctors for their pain, I highly suggest getting a third or forth or whatever opinion with this group. I saw Dr. Reid who suggested spinal pacemaker. Dr. Sharma did the procedure and it was a success from the minute I left the hospital. I still can't believe I wasted 4 years of my life suffering though pain. I don't want to give false hopes or sound like a homer, but I feel almost back to normal. I did learn one thing. Next time if someone suggests going under the knife, I will think a thousand times.

Posted on October 11th, 2013

I have been the first few of his patients ever since he moved to islip area. He went from the dingy bay shore office to this nicer one and has just become so popular so quickly. I user to wait for hardly 5 minutes in lobby and now it is always full and waiting period has increased a bit. He has not changed his approach all this time and that is why i cannot imagine ever leaving him. Do yourself a favor and see him once. You would know why he has so little negative stuff mentioned about him here. I talk to everyone while i wait in lobby, and i am not the only one with these views.

Thanks Dr. Sharma

Posted on July 21st, 2013

I think you either have to be too happy or too upset to come to a site and write reviews. I took time to come here after being seen 6 doctors, my family doctor, one urologist, 2 spine surgeons, two other pain doctors, but not in the same sequence. I was referred to him by my previous surgeon from Soutside Hospital. I am very happy with the overall makeup and mindset of staff. There is no rudeness. At times you feel the stress as they move to s of patientsacross this small office, but overall not much trouble. He is a good doctor and I have to agree with many other bloggers that he sincerely tries to give you time and find the cause of your pain. I have 2 test injections and I knew after the second that this guy would make me pain free. I had the radio-something done and I have been pain free for 3 months. After spending my daughters' marriage and enjoying the dance during ceremony, the least I could do to thank him was write this review. I don't know how long this relief will last (I was told up to one year), but I know when I need a cure, I have my go to person now.