Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amit B Sohagia has the following 1 specialty
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Amit B Sohagia has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Amit B Sohagia has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 29
Dr. Sohagia and his nurse Tesha are a great team. Dr. Sohagia does what I want--he explains everything in detail compassionately and tells me exactly what the problem with my health involves. He is not an alarmist, but he lets me know that my liver needs more testing to see if I have Cancer. He then gave me an idea of what I will have to do if a malignancy is found in my liver. His friendly warmth in a difficult situation calms me and helps me develop a positive attitude. He is an excellent doctor, and I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends. I would without question go to him again. Tesha is a very special assistant to Dr. Sohagia. Her encouragement and compassionate attitude was ongoing when I was in the office. Dr. Sohagia is very fortunate to have her on his staff. She exudes hope and warmth at a very unsettling time. Dr. Sohagia and Tesha are top notch. I'm so sorry it took me so long to write this review, but my wife and I have been away babysitting our grandchildren for the last couple of weeks.
Dr. Sohagia has been my husband's doctor for about three years. He has not only treated and monitored his esophageal varices, but has also coordinated and communicated with other doctors on my husband's behalf. His expertise and concern for my husband's well being is of great comfort to us and another example of his strengths and professionalism.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sohagia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Amit B Sohagia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTwin Rivers Gastroenterology, 21 Corporate Dr Ste 3, Easton, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amit B Sohagia in this video.
Dr. Amit B Sohagia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Easton, PA.