Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amita A Chaudhary has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Amita A Chaudhary has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Amita A Chaudhary has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
I found Amita randomly online, read her reviews and decided to choose her as my primary since I just moved to the area and her reviews were nothing but positive.. I want to establish that I am beyond happy with my decision. Upon my first visit with Amita, she spent 45 minutes with me (which is good)! Most doctors want to bring you in, write you a quick script, and get you out so they can bill per patient and make more money, but Amita took her time to understand my personality and medical history. She even went out of her way to bring up potential health risks that were unique to me that I didn't even know existed! Overall, Amita simply addresses your needs, developes well thought out plan and executes. From my experience, she does this through; homeopathic alternatives, suggested lifestyle changes, or prescription medicine that she makes sure you're comfortable consuming. I am coming up on my 4th visit with Amita and l I am actually looking forward to seeing her! Whether I have a cold or a more serious illness, she listens to what Ii think I need but adjustests it accordingly, since she has a PH.D. Despite Amita being a foreigner, she is easy to talk to and makes you feel very comfortable - which I consider to be an excellent characteristic for a doctor.
I have been a patient of both her and her husband, since my original doctor, Nikkos Kakaviatos, passed away. I have received thorough care and seamless coverage from the two of them. Although this practice is located 1/2 hour away from my home, I continue to go there because I am a satisfied patient.
i would recommend this office to all my friends, she is so patient and she cares about your feeling. she is very nice and a sweet person.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Chaudhary is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
West Virginia University Hospital
Dr. Amita A Chaudhary accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJames C McFalls MD, 1715 N George Mason Dr Ste 502, Arlington, VA
Dr. Amita A Chaudhary is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, VA.