Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Amita Kachru has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Amita Kachru has the following 13 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
Dr. Amita Kachru is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 65
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amita Kachru - Posted on October 21st, 2014
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
14 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Amita Kachru accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
More about Dr. Amita Kachru
Dr. Amita Kachru is an OB/GYN with specialty interest in Adolescent Gynecology and Teen Pregnancy. She obtained her undergraduate and master’s degree in Speech and Communication from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in 1990. Dr. Kachru returned to Urbana Champaign five years later to complete a PhD program in Human and Community Development. After obtaining her PhD, Dr. Kachru attended Bryn Mawr College’s Post Baccalaureate Premedical Program in Pennsylvania, and went on to attend medical school at Michigan State University, graduating in 2004. She then completed a four-year Obstetrics and Gynecology residency in 2008 at Kaiser in Oakland, California. Dr. Kachru began her private practice with Women’s OB/GYN Medical Group in 2008, and has become an invaluable member of our care team since then. Dr. Kachru’s diverse educational and professional backgrounds have played a vital role in shaping her interest and expertise in general women’s health, adolescent gynecology, and teen pregnancy. For ten years at Urbana Champaign, Dr. Kachru taught undergraduate courses in Rhetoric, Speech Communications, English, Feminist Critical Theory, and Cultural Studies. In her PhD program, Dr. Kachru conducted research and presented her finding with a colleague on the topic of “Short-term Behavioral Life-Skills Training for Children in Women’s Shelters, a Qualitative Analysis.” Dr. Kachru has demonstrated her impressive capacity for empathy through the accumulation of thousands of volunteer hours in the 1990s working in emotionally challenging environments. Dr. Kachru’s volunteer efforts include working as a Hospice Volunteer, an educational conference coordinator for the Illinois Family Violence Coordinating Council, a Medical Advocate for a women’s shelter, an ER volunteer, a Berkeley Needle Exchange Outreach volunteer, an elementary and high school health educator, and more.
Locations & DirectionsWOMENS OB/GYN MEDICAL GROUP, 500 Doyle Park Dr Ste 103, Santa Rosa, CA
Dr. Amita Kachru is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Santa Rosa, CA.