Dr. Amita Talati Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amita Talati?

She Saved My Life

Posted on December 9th, 2017

Dr. Talati has been treating my bipolar disease and depression for 15 years. What I love about her is that she makes you feel that you are her only patient. She will ALWAYS call you back on the same day if you have any questions or are in need of help, even from remote locations if she isn't in the office. Not only does she always remember exactly what medications you are on and need, but she remembers the little things that are going on in your life. She has won numerous awards in Psychiatry and I can't imagine having a better doctor.

Extremely Competant.

Posted on March 24th, 2017

Dr Talati is extremely professional and an excellent listener. She opens the appointment asking pointed questions and provides every opportunity for the patient to talk and question. She thoroughly explains why she is prescribing one or more medications. She also emphasizes sleeping habits, diet and exercise. After leaving a number of psychiatrists in search of better care, I am exceedingly pleased and comfortable with Dr Talai's ability to address my needs. Highly recommended.

Dr. Amita Talati Review

Posted on January 27th, 2017

Dr. Talati specializes in psychiatric medication management. She has a sound knowledge of these medications and how best to apply them. Although some trial and error is always involved in medication management, she will ultimately find the specific dosages and medication blends that are appropriate for a given patient. She listens well and and gives proper answers to question using common terms. She runs prompt scheduling in her office, has a friendly demeanor and the staff is courteous.

Posted on December 12th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Talati for less than a year, and I have never felt better. She is one of the best doctors that I have ever come across. I recommend her to anyone suffering from mental health issues, she knows her stuff!

Posted on November 16th, 2013

Dr Talati is a great physician. She understands her patients and listens to them. She asks the important questions and gets to the root of the problem quickly. She understands her patients needs and does her best to help them. I came to her because she was in my insurance list but I am very glad I found her.

I'd recommend

Posted on July 21st, 2013

I think Dr. Talati is very helpful. She talks with me not at me. She asks my opinions instead of just giving hers sometimes. If I feel I'm not as well as I should be she talks to me about other options to try & we go from there. During my 1st visit she made sure I understood that psychiatrists give medical advice & keep track of how that's going. She said talk therapy is done by psychologists & counsellors & recommended I look into that but I already did. I appreciated her telling me this because I didn't know the difference. I like that she'll consider alternative methods of help such as accupuncture instead of only offering pills. When I try a new med or dosage I have to return in a month. If I'm doing okay on my current meds then I don't have to return for about 2-3 months which is nice. Her charting is computer based. Therefore, she must type on her laptop during your visit to update your records. Someone complained that she doesn't look you in the eye while doing this. How can someone do that & type? It was awkward at 1st waiting for her to finish typing but now it's no big deal. Before typing she always asks how I've been doing, answers any questions, & gives her thoughts. My only big issue it that Dr. Talati will not call in prescriptions for you. You have to see her to get a prescription. If for some reason you have to cancel an appointment & there isn't another opening until after your meds run out you could be screwed. Once this happened & the part time receptionist said the doctor may allow a refill of a couple of pills. I said that wouldn't be enough & that I wouldn't pay a copay for such a small amount anyway. So, I ended up being off my pills for a few days by the time I came in. On her behalf she does give me a 3 month supply of meds each time since I told her that's the max my prescription plan will cover. This allows me to pay 1 copay for 90 pills instead of the typical 30 some doctors offer. I did initially have problems with the main receptionist. After becomming a patient I had some problems getting appointments. I'd call, get the machine, leave a detailed message with the days & times I was available, & asked her to call back with an appointment & leave the details on my machine. Instead of doing so she'd leave a message asking me to call back. Then we played phone tag. This happened on 2 occasions. I then told Dr. Talati about it because it caused me to wait longer to see her. Ever since then I've had no scheduling problems.

Posted on June 20th, 2012

Dr. Talati is caring. I would recommend her to anyone seeking psychiatric care.

Posted on January 11th, 2012

Dr. Talati spends the every single visit typing on her computer and not taking any time to actually look the patient in the eye and discuss what is going on. She doesn't even provide a diagnosis. I had to ask her, "What is wrong with me?". Her response: "Something biologic. See you in 3 weeks." I'm sorry, but when someone is going through a crisis, Dr. Talati needs to show some empathy/sympathy, put the computer away, look the patient in the eye, tell him/her what the diagnosis is, tell the patient what he/she can expect when starting, increasing, or changing medications. I would not recommend her to anyone.

Very Professional

Posted on December 26th, 2011

Finding the right physician has never been a concern of mine but I have always been skeptical about mental health. I initially had gone to see a neurologist but then decided that I was also in need of a psychiatrist. Fortunately I did not have to seek further then Dr. Talati. She was very professional and has turned my life around. I am very appriciative of help Dr. Talati has provided me. After my diagnosis and treatment, my quality of life had improved ten fold. Unfortunately I am forced to switch my healthplan to one not accepted by her office and will be seeking care elsewhere. I would recommend Dr. Talati to anyone.

retired teacher

Posted on November 27th, 2011

Easy to talk to

Posted on September 29th, 2009

Dr Talati is a competent doc and very easy to talk to.... thanks Dr Talati.

Posted on March 22nd, 2017