Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amita Trivedi
Dr. Amita Trivedi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Trivedi is affiliated with Northwest Medical Center, Tucson Medical Center and Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital & Health Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Amita Trivedi has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 4 of 4
I was first sent to her when I was diagnosed with kidney disease. I was going downhill fast with her as she took no incinteve to educate me about the importance of diet or would take note of my complaints. It turned out I needed a blood transfusion badly. She had shown deaf ears to my multiple complaints of weakness and fatigue. I found a new nephrologist and am doing quite well now with proper medication and diet. Please DO NOT allow this lady to care for you or your loved ones.
Dr. Trivedi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northwest Medical Center
Tucson Medical Center
Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital & Health Center
Carondelet St. Joseph`s
Carondelet St Marys Hospital and Health Center
Carondelet St Mary's Hospital
Northwest Medical Center Oro Valley
Carondelet St Joseph Hospital
Tucson Heart Hospital
Carondelet St Joseph's Hospital Tucson
Carondelet Heart and Vascular Institute
37 Years Experience
Topiwala National Medical College
Graduated in 1976
University Medical Center
Dr. Amita Trivedi accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthwest Kidney Institute, 395 N Silverbell Rd, Tucson, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amita Trivedi in this video.
Dr. Amita Trivedi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.