Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amitra E Caines has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amitra E Caines has the following 13 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
Dr. Amitra E Caines is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I am very pleased to write here about Dr. Caines. Dr. Caines called me on the same day after the stress test to schedule a follow-up appointment, and I did not have to wait long to learn about the results and the treatment options. Her office is very nice, the appointments are set quick; there is no wait time - I waited no more than 5 minutes since I arrived. Dr. Caines explained me my condition, recommended and then personally performed a cardiac catheterization. I feel very confident about Dr. Caines treating me. I am very impressed by her professionalism, bedside manners, and the ability to calm you down, to feel that everything is going to be fine. I would recommend Dr. Caines unconditionally to anybody who is looking for a great Doctor in Titusville to perform cardiac tests/scans/procedures. Thank you, Dr. Caines!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Amitra E Caines is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maitland, FL.