- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amjad A Alkadri
Dr. Amjad A Alkadri, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Merrillville, IN, with another office in Valparaiso, IN. His specialties include Vascular and Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology. Dr. Alkadri is affiliated with Porter Regional Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Amjad A Alkadri has 2 locations
85 E US Highway 6
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Book Online Now
Dr. Amjad A Alkadri has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose a blockage in your blood vessels, your doctor will refer you to an interventional radiologist. They can, if needed, perform an angioplasty to open up the blocked passage.
They’re also trained to perform needle biopsies, insert stents, treat varicose veins and obstructions of the urinary tract (possibly due to kidney stones) and can help with dangerous postpartum bleeding. They treat various types of fibroids and embolization, which is a clot, air bubble or other blockage in the bloodstream. While the types of imaging procedures they perform are more invasive than x-rays done to identify broken bones, pain levels and recovery time are usually minimal.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Dr. Amjad A Alkadri has the following 3 expertise
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Interventional Radiology
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amjad A Alkadri - Posted on March 30th, 2012
If you are looking for a doctor that is going to be attentive to your needs, understanding to your concerns and supportive, your seach stops here. Dr. Alkadri meets all of these requirements and more. He takes the time to listen and he actually cares about you as an individual not just another patient. Staff is welcoming and accomodating. Thank you Dr. Alkadri and staff for making my experience as comfortable as possible.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Alkadri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Amjad A Alkadri Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amjad A Alkadri, MD - Vascular and Interventional Radiology in Merrillville, IN, in this video.
Dr. Amjad A Alkadri is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Merrillville, IN.