Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amjad Z Khan has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
Showing 5 of 11
I left my primary care doctor after 25 years to have Doctor Kahn as my doctor. He sits down and taks with you and is so very patient. I also found he is very spiritual and loves family. I thank God for letting our paths cross and I know in my heart Dr. Kahn will always look out for my well being. Thank you so much Dr. Kahn you are certainly a blessing!
Dr. Kahn has been my primary health care phyiscian for 8 years now. I found him through the phyiscian's referral service at Hinsdale Aventist Hospital 8 years ago. Dr. kahn has 2 office locations that I am aware of. Oakbrook Terrace, IL.which the one I see him at and the Forest Park office. I like my doctor, he is a down to earth easy to talk to phyiscian (only if you are seeing in person), he can be quite difficult and short with you over the telephone and that is pretty much with everyone. When you do see in person, you will get his undivided attention and the very best care possible. He cares a lot about his patients and it shows when you talk with him about your health problems. He is not very good at recommedations, calling other phyiscians, or anything that he feels his office Manager, Eve, can take care of, so beware of this. He also will not fill out long extensive forms for his patients, again make sure that you have done most of the work and leave the rest to his staff and him for a signature. He is a very kind person. I have renal carcinoma and Cardiiomyopathy coupled with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease - (COPD & emphemsia), he does a very good job at taking care of me. I am terminally ill and I have a great doctor. I don't think you will be disappointed. His prices for seeing him are also reasonable and he has weekend appointments, - no evening appts. The staff in his office at least in Oakbrook terrace, IL. they are a great team, Eve, Office Manager and Kim.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Amjad Z Khan accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsImmediate Care Of Oak Park, 1000 Madison St, Oak Park, IL
Dr. Amjad Z Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oak Park, IL.