Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ammar Alimam has 2 locations
750 Route 73 S Ste 401
Marlton, NJ 08053
107 Berlin Rd
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Book Online Now
Dr. Ammar Alimam has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.<br>These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ammar Alimam has the following 25 expertise
- Pulmonary Embolism
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
- Lyme Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Respiratory Failure
Showing 3 of 3
Owe a lot to him !
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ammar Alimam - Posted on September 22nd, 2017
This Dr. has seen me thru several cancers, COPD (Emphysema ) Kidney stones and much more...I have 3 Doctors that I see regularly, and they are ,every one, a treasure !
A rare,one of a kind Dr.....lung cancer took a lung...really scary , but Dr. Alimam calmed my fears, and for the past 14 years he has been there ,making me feel safe in the knowledge that he sincerely cares !
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ammar Alimam - Posted on June 8th, 2015
A true life saver
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ammar Alimam - Posted on April 6th, 2009
Wow What can you say about a man who savers the life of your father?? My father was in ICU and every other doctor gave short and complex explanations that left my head spinning. Dr Alimam arrived answered every question we had in terms we understood. He was also always available for any concerns we had and we saw him several times a day not the 1 time shot of any other doctor. He was so knowledgeable and honest there are not enough words of gratitude I could write for this man
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Cooper University Hospital
Dr. Ammar Alimam Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ammar Alimam, MD - Pulmonary Disease in Marlton, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Ammar Alimam is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Marlton, NJ.