Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ammar Hemaidan
Dr. Ammar Hemaidan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Port Orange, FL, with another office in Titusville, FL. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hemaidan is affiliated with Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Hemaidan has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ammar Hemaidan has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ammar Hemaidan has the following 15 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 31
Never in my life have I gone to a doctors office , and been looked at and said you need to stop drinking, ( I kinda looked at him like What? ) Im not a drinker at all, then told I Have Hepatitis C, I was Devastated, I didnt tell my friends or family for weeks I was in shock.. he said he would set up some treatment for me, i waited and waited, I finally called and asked for a nurse asking when are we gonna set up my treatments for Hep C, she was like one moment please, she comes back and says I dont see anything in your charts you having Hep C... Now Im speachless, I said please go have a talk with your Doc and get back with me.. Day later they call and said you do not have Hep C, I said order me all the panels for Hep C I wanna go make sure now.... Negative... Will NEVER go near him again. Would have been nice to get a call from him saying I am so sorry etc... I have always seen Saud Suleiman, I will always make sure I see him and ONLY him...
Horrible people and horrible Doctors. They don't care about their patients. All they care about is money. I was to have a procedure done today and when I went in this morning to check in after going through all through the ridiculous prep yesterday of cleaning out my intestines I was told I had a large copay. I was not aware of this and no one told me. They looked at be like i was making it up that the person that called to confirm my appointment wouldn't forget to mention a copay! I was turned away!!! The doctor said no money no procedure!! Even with insurance you can't get help!! And the over weight lady at the check in window is a nasty lady!! See even rolled her eyes at me with disgust!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Hemaidan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Aleppo
Graduated in 1989
William N Wishard Memorial Hospital
Dr. Ammar Hemaidan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Volusia HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ammar Hemaidan in this video.
Dr. Ammar Hemaidan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Orange, FL.