Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ammar Kafa has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Kaffa can give you five minutes, prescriptions, no information, take no questions, ask you questions and doesn't have respect for a certain gender. Maybe that is why his staff help when they feel like it. Fast medicine physician (just needs a drive thru window). My current primary care physician sent me to a rheumatologist, surgeon, pain management and mental health center...now thats a caring healer...Iam still alive thanks to him
Dr Kafa seems to rush, he maybe spent 5 minutes with me max. He has never examined me in 4 visits. He seems annoyed when I ask questions about medicines. I have conditions that greatly effect my life, I was looking for a serious MD. I am not doubting that he has the knowledge, I just wish he would at least act like he is willing to help.
Dr Kafa is nice but we felt rushed. He din't seem to spend anytime with us maybe 3 minutes at the most. The staff is another story the lady that came in the room was there a minute getting info on the current problem as a first time pt. I expected them to get a thorough history. Then the ladies on the phone were rude and the exit no one even talked to us. I paid my money and left the watched as my elderly mom struggled to egt me out of the door ( in a wheel chair ) they just ignored us. I will be finding a new doctor, I have too many health problems to worry about them rushing me and giving me the wrong meds. He is fine for a cold but not for anything serious. Now I know why they could get us in quick!
23 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1995
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Ammar Kafa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ammar Kafa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bullhead City, AZ.