Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ammar Kanaan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ammar Kanaan has the following 9 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Nutritional Support
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Ammar Kanaan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 5
Received a bill after my visit for the full amount, $300. I asked when I made my appointment if they accept my insurance and they said they do. That was not true and this doctor sides with his staff's mistakes and is not willing to do anything about it. I went in for my annual physical and he did not do a hands on physical exam. Just talked to me and did an EKG. He was not receptive to my health concerns and has a very matter of fact bedside manner. I now need to find another doctor to go to. Disgusted at this guy and his staff to say the least!
Dr. Kanaan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wright State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Ammar Kanaan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHenry Ford Wyandotte Internal Medicine Southgate, 15450 Northline Rd Ste 101, Southgate, MI
Dr. Ammar Kanaan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southgate, MI.