Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amneet Virk-Dulai has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Amneet Virk-Dulai has the following 8 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 5 of 12
The NP is great. She listens and treats you like a person. ON the other hand, I have been with Virk Dulai for four years and have only seen her 4 times. She doesn't listen, does not make eye contact and ignored all my complaints about my arthritis. There is no logging system for your urinalysis so be aware, they can get it mixed up with another person. It happened to me. THE NP knows everything about my illness and is very caring and listens. The doctor seems to only care about the MD after her name. SHE is never in the office. That's why I have only seen her 4 times in 4 years. If it wasn't for the wonderful NP who listens..I would have changed doctors along time ago.
The doctor is great but her office staff is horrible. They can't get my insurance right which has caused me to wait for treatment. They are expensive when a doctors signature is needed. $50 a signature per page. They are not patient friendly and have no accountability. Avoid if you can. It will save you a flare!
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAmneet Virk-Dulai Md, 7082 N Maple Ave Ste 101, Fresno, CA
Dr. Amneet Virk-Dulai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fresno, CA.