Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amr G El-Shafei has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I don't usually write on these, but with only two responses, I wanted to share my positive over the overly negative. I have only meet with him once, but I felt very comfortable with him. He was very polite, answered all my questions clearly, had no issues re-explaining in a different way if I needed more info and overall seemed to take his time and not be rushed. He even got a phone call or text while in there, which he only took the time to mute his phone without even looking at what the call was. We will see what he's like after further test and results, but was very happy with his bedside that I even pointed it out to him at the end of the visit. Also, no issues understanding him through his slight accent.
If I had to put my life in the hands of a cardiologist it would be with Dr. ElShafee who is very smart and was kind enough to see me as a work in during a busy day. He was very kind and helpful and scheduled me for a stress test within a day which showed I had heart disease and he saved my life. I am very greatful for this. Thank you! We need more dr's who care and go above and beyond for their patients.
He did not listen to my complaint,didnt answer my questions ,his conversation is always very short and difficult to understand due to his strong accent,on asking again about what he said,he getsextremely defensive ,all in all reassured me and i went home.Next morning i had severe chest pain ,went to ER and was diagnosed of a massive heart attack for which i had to undergo open heart surgery.He almost let me die!will never see him again.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
St Louis University School Of Medicine
Dr. Amr G El-Shafei accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMercy Clinic Family Medicine & Obstetrics-Physician Plaza, 2708 S Rife Medical Ln Ste 220, Rogers, AR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amr G El-Shafei in this video.
Dr. Amr G El-Shafei is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rogers, AR.