Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amr M Elsisi has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amr M Elsisi has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Amr M Elsisi has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
This man is one of my favorite people. He truly listens to me and everything I tell him. I know that sometimes I can be a difficult patient because he wants to do one thing but I want to do another, but he always stands by my decision. I have sent 3 other people to see him including my father. My father did not have a primary dr. but was able to get in to see him in no time since he had just had a stroke. He's been going ever since. I recently went through a very difficult situation and he finally put his hands on my shoulders and told me it was going to be alright and he was going to take care of me and gave me a hug. It was so nice to feel like he cared. I always knew he cared but this was different. I was also admitted once to St. Joes by a different horrible doctor from the Guthrie Clinic and he was actually doing rounds at the hospital and he took over my treatment and fixed what the horrible other doctor had done and I was on my way to recovery I never get mad about the time I wait in his office either because I know how much time he has spent with me before including after he should have been going home, so I know if he is busy with another patient that patient must really need him.
Yes I would recommend Dr. Elsisi as a Primary Physician to anyone. However I dislike the fact that Dr. Elsisi keeps pushing the Gastrc By-pas on me, I sure he i only trying to do it for my health, but I am so affraid of the Surgery. I refuse to have it. Dr. Elsisi is abov all an excellent Physician.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Elsisi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Missouri Health System
Dr. Amr M Elsisi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amr M Elsisi in this video.
Dr. Amr M Elsisi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Horseheads, NY.