Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amy R Ashton
Dr. Amy R Ashton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Thibodaux, LA, with another office in Paincourtville, LA. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Gynecology. Dr. Ashton is affiliated with Thibodaux Regional Medical Center. Dr. Ashton has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Amy R Ashton has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Amy R Ashton has the following 12 expertise
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Weight Loss
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Amy R Ashton is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 12
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amy R Ashton - Posted on June 9th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Amy R Ashton - Posted on March 2nd, 2014
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ashton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Amy R Ashton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amy R Ashton, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Thibodaux, LA, in this video.
Dr. Amy R Ashton is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Thibodaux, LA.