More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Fred S Barash has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Fred S Barash has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Fred S Barash is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
He is hands down the best doctor I have ever encountered. He is not all warm and cuddly with parents, but his patients love him and he loves them. He is knowledgeable and answers his own phone! My child had to go to the emergency room. Before she got there, he had already called. While we called, I heard him phone again and check in on results. In this world of medical care where many don't stop to take the time and know the patients, he is a different breed. I wish I could find a Dr. Barash for me.
Dr Barash is a cold hearted man who makes people feel stupid. When I called him late one night concerning my newborn son his first response was "are you kidding me"! If you dont want to be bothered then dont be a do tor and make people feel as if they are stupid. He is very cold during office visits and usually doesnt explain anything to you. He could vare less what you feel or think. As a parent he fails miserable as a pediatrician
Great doctor. Horrible secretary.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
42 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Virginia Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsFred S Barash Md, 10 Lahey St, New Hyde Park, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Fred S Barash in this video.
Dr. Fred S Barash is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.