Dr. Amy Barfield Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amy Barfield?

This Doctor is so rude.... don't see her

Posted on November 16th, 2017

I just went to have prescriptions refilled, I have never met a Doctor who is so combative. I was practically yelling at her to refill my prescriptions, she finally refilled one, and was acting like was abusing my medication. I never have or will do that. I walked out an told the staff that I would never come back The office staff was nice. This woman hates people !!

Waste of time

Posted on January 8th, 2017

She was not very knowledgeable and offered not suggestions.

Horrible experience

Posted on September 30th, 2016

I had to find another Dr. After changing my insurance company. My insurance company sent me to Amy Barfield. After checking in I waited nearly an hour before being brought back. Then after 35 minutes in the exam room Amy Barfield came in and said she had trouble finding me and said she went ahead and saw 2 other patents before me. She refused to prescribe my cholesterol medicine and 2 other much needed medications that my previous dr had me on for years because she didn't "believe" in them. She spent less than 5 minutes with me, very uncaring and unconcerned about my health she was very crude and abrupt. After telling me to get some lab work she left the room without saying anything. I finally stuck my head out of the door and asked the nurse if I was done. She didn't even look at me and said "yeah you can go". Once I found my own way back to the front desk I tried to check out and saw Amy Barfield standing behind the desk. I asked to set up another appointment to discuss the lab work I was going to have drawn and she ignored me. Completely ignored me. It was the most horrible and unprofessional experience I've had at a doctors office. If you are looking for a doctor and doctors office staff that cares about you and your health stay away from Amy Barfield!! After several weeks I get a letter in the mail from her saying she was putting me on the cholesterol and thyroid medicine that I had told her I had been taking for years. The same meds she told me in the office that she didn't believe in. After many months on my meds I went to pick up my thyroid medicine refill and she only refilled 1 weeks worth instead of a month. So I tried to make another appointment to get my synthroid prescribed. Her office told me on the phone I didn't need an appointment. That I just needed to come in and get lab work done. I showed up at her office a week later to get the lab work done. I walk in the office and there is no one at the desk. I sit down and wait, and wait, and wait. 30 minutes go by and I start looking for someone. After I finally find someone they told me I needed an appointment!! I said you told me I didn't need an appointment. They said "I don't know who told you that but there ain't no way you seeing anybody today". What a run around. If you want a healthcare provider who cares, who cares about you and your health at all, even a little bit. Choose someone other than Amy Barfield and her staff. I'm looking for a new doctor now.

Posted on April 27th, 2016

The front staff is very nice. Dr Barfield does not return calls and mails lab results with illegible scribbles across them. Her nurse is very unfriendly and rude. It took weeks to get a Rx refiled. Even the pharmacy tried without success to get a callback. If you are looking for a doctor and staff that is caring and understanding look elsewhere.

Posted on December 1st, 2015

This was the third appointment with Dr. Amy the first visit she told me that I was prejudice when I mentioned something to her did not concern her I was speaking about another doctor the second time she told me that she would not renew my disability Parking due to the fact that I was not walking with the cane. Today the young lady came out took me into a dirty operatory to tell me the doctor was not going to see me if I was there to get my paper signed for a disability Placher .....because she had seen me walk in the pass without my cane the reason for the appointment was to get my blood pressure medication and the Nexium for acid reflux I left . I feel she was pre-judging me that's what the word prejudice mean ! I left and I won't be back and I will tell others not to go to Amy Barfield 😡 The doctor said I was disabled the court said I was disabled and so security said I was disabled so who's prejudging who??? I pay my insurance I am retired my insurance pays back to you how does she think she gets paid my co-pay is only five dollars I have a very good insurance package

Posted on December 2nd, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Barfield for years out of convenience for minor sickness. I find her to be very combative if you explain your problem and again, her bedside manner is terrible! The young women up front were nice, but once you walk through the door you get attitude. I was waiting for the doctor and I overheard nurses and staff discussing and laughing about a patient they had just seen. Unprofessional, a HIPPA violation, and just plain rude. Listen to your patients and don’t dismiss what you hear. I have since found another doctor!

Seriously?

Posted on July 25th, 2013

I find these previously written reviews to be very uncharacteristic of my Dr. Barfield and believe that someone is vindictively trying to spoil her reputation. Dr. Barfield has been an amazing primary care provider for me since 1999. She genuinely cares about not only myself but also asks regularly about my husband and children by name. When I began seeing her at a rather young adult age she was very close to my home. When she moved her office location 30 miles away a few years later, not only did I continue to see her by driving a much greater distance, but my husband also began seeing her and has been very pleased as well. I have no personal affiliation with Dr. Barfield but have every confidence in her professional care and find great comfort in knowing that she has my best interest and my family's best interest at heart.

She grows on you

Posted on February 13th, 2013

When I first came to Dr. Barfield about five years ago, she was recommended by my physical therapist. The first thing she asked was if I exercise and I answered that I had small children and couldn't find time to schedule it. She said that's just an excuse and I need to make the time to take care of my health. At the time, I thought she was rude and uncaring. What I learned after seeing her a few times is what others have said -- she doesn't sugar coat anything. I can tell you though that, as a woman over fifty with all the health concerns that often crop up, I have been very pleased with my medical care. When I got to know her a bit better, I realized that her communication style is somewhat curt and a little sarcastic at times, but she is actually a very good doctor. As for the office staff, it's the luck of the draw--some visits the staff are very helpful and others, they are apathetic, at best.

The Facts

Posted on November 12th, 2012

I didn't have any problem with the staff like other reviews. The doctor was professional and caring and didn't try to push money items such as botox at me. She was extremely through with getting the facts from me and any tests that were necessary. She was honest and direct regarding a few issues I had and I appreciated her being honest and not trying to appease me so I would come back. Very happy I found her and will continue to go back.

A Doctor who listens

Posted on July 12th, 2012

Dr Barfield is my first choice when I need treatment. She is thorough and very analytical. I've seen my share of doctors for a condition that is very uncommon. First of all, she listened to my story completely before making any decisions. She did her best to justify my need to my insurance company to enable me go to a special clinic that was not covered under my plan. She did not sugar coat anything when explaining things to me and I always got the answers to my questions. I believe if someone had a negative experience with Dr Barfield, it was probably due to ineffective communication.

Fantastic Doctor!

Posted on November 6th, 2011

Doctor Amy is wonderful, she gets to know her patients, cares about your thoughts and concerns and spends time with you to get to an accurate diagnosis. She has a wonderful network of colleagues for specialist referrals. I would recommend her highly.

First Impression is not always the best.

Posted on June 17th, 2011

This was a beautiful Family Practice Office, the young lady at the front desk greeted me with a smile, and was very polite. That's were it ended. The Nurse that called me to the back was not polite at all.I was treated as if I was incompetent. I had to wait an additional 15 min on the Doctor I was in a state of depression by this time and her bedside manner, while better than the nurse's was a bust at first.I was a new patient looking for a Primary care Physician that has good Doctor and Patient skills. I felt that most of the issues that have been concerning me was brushed off. Test results that concerned my Neurologist was questioned on why he didn't treat me since he ordered the test. The young lady at the check out desk had a very peasant attitude as well, but my overall vist to this Doctor was a waste of my money, my time, and my patience. I would not recommend my worst enemy to this Doctor.