Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy E Bohan has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 5 of 9
Trying to make an appointment is time consuming and ineffective. Took 2 hours of persistence to just get to speak to the scheduler. Then it was a 30 day wait for an appointment even though I had been in the ER the day before and was really an emergency. Just as well. If they are this hard to see now it would probably not ever get any better. I really need a Dr. I can get to see when a health problem arrives.
Dr. Bohan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Amy E Bohan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDesert Pulmonary And Sleep Consultants, 3303 E Baseline Rd Ste 208, Gilbert, AZ
Dr. Amy E Bohan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gilbert, AZ.