Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amy L Day
Dr. Amy L Day, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Surgery. Dr. Day is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital, Sharp Coronado Hospital and Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas. Dr. Day has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Amy L Day has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Day has a great 'bedside manner". I never felt rushed. She took the time to explain what was happening in my body, the possible ramifications of not having my gallbladder removed and what I should expect post surgery. She did not pressure me to have surgery but instead gave me her opinion and the information I needed to make a decision. The four incisions are very small...she could be a plastic surgeon, too. I'm very pleased.
Dr. Amy Day did what other surgeons said they couldn't do for my brother. She removed a large mesenteric Desmoid tumor that was surrounding a branch of the mesenteric artery and preserved function to my brother's intestines. Many surgeons said my brother's case could not be operated on - Dr. Day had the knowledge, incredible skills and the bravery and courage to not only attempt this operation - but did so in a manner that she saved my brother's life. She removed the entire tumor. She explains everything so well, is completely approachable, has a laser beam focus on saving lives and doesn't cut corners. My brother's tumor was extremely rare and that didn't faze Dr. Day at all. She is a warrior of a surgeon who doesn't shy away from extreme challenges and she wins battles for everyone she operates on. Dr. Day is a great, skillful surgeon, she is a life-saver and if you are lucky enough to have he work on you - know that she will use every weapon in her considerable arsenal to battle for your life and win! (and I researched a lot of surgeons - she truly is the best).
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Day is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Amy L Day accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amy L Day in this video.
Dr. Amy L Day is similar to the following 0 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.