Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy J Ewing has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Ewing was my doctor for 4vyears. During my last year with her I reported daily vomiting, inability to eat and a 25# weight loss. She only gave me nausea mrdicine. I ended up calling 911 and was admitted to the hospital for an infected gallbladder with stones backing up to my liver. I was in the hospital 6vdays receiving antibiotics , pain medications and had surgery to remove my gallbladder. Doctors who cared for Mr asked me why I waited so long. When I told them I had seen my doctor 3 times regarding this they advised me to get a different doctor. It's pretty bad when a Kaiser doctor says that about another Kaiser doctor. The anesthesiologist who had assisted with my hand surgery 2 years before said he didn't recognize me due to my weight loss. Please take caution with this doctor.
Although the American Cancer Society and all the medical literature I have researched recommends a colonoscopy for patients starting at the age of 50, Dr. Ewing refused to give me one. An email exchange insued whereby I cited a family history of colon cancer and polyps and she proceeded to give me the third degree about facts surrounding the family history. How old? When? What? Come on!!!! I switched Kaiser doctors, got a colonoscopy and they removed a polyp. Good thing I wasn't stuck with her because I could be facing colon cancer in a few years time and not even know it! Avoid this doctor! She will use so-called science about "risks" to spare Kaiser the expense of providing adequate care!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
- University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Locations & DirectionsNovato Medical Offices, 97 San Marin Dr, Novato, CA
Dr. Amy J Ewing is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Novato, CA.