Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy L Friedenthal has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Amy L Friedenthal has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Amy L Friedenthal has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Amy L Friedenthal is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Dr. Friedenthal is the most thorough doctor I have ever seen. I've been a patient of hers for about 15 years and she is outstanding in everyway except for being on time. But it's worth the wait because she gives each patient as much time as they need. She is coordinates my care with my many specialists. She truly knows who I am and all my medical issues.
At age 75 I can state that Dr. Friedenthal is the best doctor I have ever had. Waiting a little while was more then worth it for what I received in return. My very impatient wife decided that she would also start seeing this doctor even if it meant waiting a while because she witnessed the doctor treating me.
I have finally decided to leave Dr. Friedenthal's practice. On my last 2 visits to her office I was there for 4 hours. She is late to the office every day even though her patients arrive on time, and then she seems rushed and unorganized. She loves to talk about things non-medical. She lacks time management skills. She also doesn't wash her hands between patients and carries her laptop computer from room to room. Her staff is always courteous. Dr. Friedenthal seems to be more interested in what to charge my insurance company than my healthcare needs and I don't feel that she really cares. It makes no sense to spend at least half of your day at her office waiting for her, very frustrating!
28 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Amy L Friedenthal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsAmy L Friedenthal Md Pc, 12512 Lake Ridge Dr Ste D, Woodbridge, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amy L Friedenthal in this video.
Dr. Amy L Friedenthal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodbridge, VA.