Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy G Stone has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 7
Dr Stone may be an MD but she has a lot to learn about being a human being. She was the attending in charge of my resident. When it was time for her to talk to me she literally stormed in and declared that there is nothing wrong with me. She was so antagonistic that I felt the need to be defensive about my condition! I have been sick for 8 months now and am desperate to find a doctor that will actually listen to what I am saying. My resident sent me for some blood work on Thursday. He told me that they will call me with the results. On Monday, I got my results from records and noticed that I was positive for one of the tests (a test that should have triggered an alarm). I called GW and was told to send a fax to Dr. Stone (no emails were provided) which I did on Tuesday. It has been more than a week and I am still waiting to hear from my resident or Dr. Stone. I am officially done with GW Associates and will never go back (the sad thing is that I am a GW faculty).
Dr. Stone is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Amy G Stone accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGw Medical Faculty Associates, 2150 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC
Dr. Amy G Stone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.