Dr. Amy Gagliardi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amy Gagliardi?

Unreliable

Posted on November 13th, 2013

I have never encountered a flakier doctor. One time she just didn't show up for our appointment (when she finally got back to me, she said that our appointment that day had been cancelled, I guess she just forgot to tell me). Another time when I asked her to call in a prescription, she did it wrong so many times that, after three days, the pharmacist finally just filled it for me anyway (kind of a illegally) and suggested that I find a new doctor when I mentioned that this had happened before. She can be extremely hard to reach and when she does respond, what she says indicates that she missed over half of what I said. While their experiences are slightly different, I know three other people (one patient and two that met with her for consultations) who have also been extremely frustrated with her. (The other patient also found communication to be difficult and the two that don't see her regularly also felt that she wasn't really listening which led her to make decisions based on false information).

Posted on May 27th, 2013

It would be difficult to imagine or more capable or caring psychiatrist than Dr. Amy Gagliardi!

Not particularly thorough

Posted on July 27th, 2012

Dr. Gagliardi is a decent psychiatrist, but if anyone suggests you pay tens of thousands of dollars to work with her, don't. Her case management is simply not up to the standards of the most expensive unit at a Harvard/Mass General psychiatric hospital. During our initial meeting, she actually neglected to ask if I was taking any medications, and thereafter she remained surprisingly ignorant and detached about my medical history and my case as a whole. When I began to express some disappointment at the thoroughness of her care, a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder was immediately proposed. There are certainly worse doctors than Dr. Gagliardi, but none at this price.

Posted on November 4th, 2015