Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy L Giedt has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Amy L Giedt has the following 11 expertise
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
Dr. Amy L Giedt has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Amy L Giedt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Giedt was very professional and personable at my first visit with her. She explained the whole process prior and during the exam, which made the pelvic examination comfortable. Several times during the visit, Dr. Giedt would stop and ask if I had any questions or concerns. My first visit with her left a remarkable first and lasting impression of her. I would go back to her for future obgyn services in a heart beat.
This doctor is probably really good for Pregnancy and Birthing but I went to her for yearly check ups and birth control and I was not very happy with the treatment I received. She was not present for my first 4 appointments because of prior engagements elsewhere. After that my appointments with her were rushed and uninformative. I am at high risk for blood clots because of family history. This information never seemed to be recorded or remembered, along with information such as allergies and previous prescriptions she had prescribed to me. She was the one asking me which medications she put me on in the past and when I didn't remember one, I asked if she had a list or record of past birth control, and there didn't seem to be one. Birth control prescriptions were random at best, I was put on both Yaz and Ocella even though I am high risk for blood clots. A close family member recently suffered a blood clot due to hormone replacement therapy. I let the doctor know this on my last visit and I was informed that the new medicine I was put on along with the new developments in family history would make me a higher risk for blood clots. When I asked what I should do, I was told to continue taking the new medication and "keep my eyes open" for a blood clot. As I said before, I cannot rate this doctor from as an Obstitrician, but my experience with her as a Gynecologist was lacking to say the least.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Giedt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Sanford School Of Medicine The University Of South Dakota
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Amy L Giedt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWomens Health Associates, 9119 W 74th St Ste 300, Overland Park, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Amy L Giedt in this video.
Dr. Amy L Giedt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Overland Park, KS.