Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Amy L Glick has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Amy L Glick has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Glick was very sweet and caring with my child but talked in a very condescending manner to me. I usually get very detailed instructions for care from all the other doctors at this office, but not from Dr. Glick. When I asked questions, they were quickly answered and I was talked to like I was an idiot. She didn't ask me if I had any other questions of concerns and left the exam room without saying goodbye or anything more to the patient. I see why there were so many available appointments on such a short notice. Both times my child saw this doctor I felt very rushed and left there feeling as if the visit wasn't very thorough.
Dr. Glick has been one of the most thorough pediatricians that we have ever used. She saw my son, simply because she was the only MD available when he wrecked his bike. I was so impressed that I took my youngest son to see her when it was his time to go in. She takes her time with the kids, explains everything the them and to me and makes sure that they are comfortable and aware of what's going on. She has followed up with us on multiple occasions by phone. I find her to be a breath of fresh air in a land of arrogant doctors. I would absolutely recommend her to any and every one.
Dr Glick was terrible i brought my daughter in at 3 weeks, she was very fussy, fever, coughing a lot over all obiviously not feeling well. I waited about 45 mins then waited in the room for about 20 mins until she finally came in. looked at my daughter for about 10 mins and said she fine no problems everything looks good. That night she was rushed to the ER she couldnt barley breath. She was DX with RSV. It was the most horrible experience of my life and i would not recommed putting my trust in a "doctor" that clearly does not know what shes doing.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Glick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Dr. Amy L Glick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS LA BlueConnect HMO POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOchsner Childrens Health Center Metairie, 4901 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie, LA
Dr. Amy L Glick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Metairie, LA.